Four members of a family perish in the explosion of a gas cylinder near Tirupati


Four members of a family died in a fire accident, apparently because of the explosion of a gas cylinder, at their residence in Yerpedu Mandal near here Sunday morning.

According to the police, the cylinder attached to the geyser in the bathroom developed a leak and gas infiltrated throughout the house. An unidentified spark somewhere triggered an explosion that shook the whole residence. The four residents of the house, Srinivasulu Reddy, his wife Bujjamma, and their two children, Nithin and Bhavya, who were sleeping at that time, lost their lives.

The incident, which occurred in the village of Madibaka Panchayat in Rajulakandriga, caused confusion in the village, residents, including their parents and neighbors, gathered on the spot and complained of misfortune.

Officers from Yerpedu and Renigunta stations gathered at the scene and launched an investigation. Smoke pervaded the entire house, while a thick layer of soot covered the walls and ceiling. The police have registered a case and is conducting an investigation.