Key Sales and Marketing Priorities for 2019: AI and Big Data Revealed by Survey


Facebooklinkedin

Key Sales and Marketing Priorities for 2019: AI and Big Data Revealed by Survey

5 (100%) 1 vote

SILICON SLOPES, Utah – (BUSINESS WIRE) – InsideSales.com, the Collective Intelligence-powered AI platform, has released research results on technology adoption plans for more than 600 IT professionals. sales in all sectors in 2019. The data show that boards of directors are optimistic about advanced technologies to generate growth that exceeds the market.

When asked about the most important business-to-business sales trends, 21.5% named "Sales Support with Sales Automation", followed by "Capture the Value of Big Data" at 21.3% and "Adoption of the Big Data". 39; artificial intelligence "at 15.6%, which indicates a major focus on the use of technology to obtain information on prospects and increase sales efficiency.

"As growth pressures intensify, companies are increasingly aware of the need to leverage artificial intelligence and analytics technologies to drive better business performance," said David Elkington, CEO. and founder of InsideSales.com. "Our research shows that the AI ​​has surpassed the hype stage, with respondents representing companies of all sizes expecting to see significant benefits in applying AI during the course of the year. next year. "

More than 90% expect AI to improve sales performance

More than 90% of respondents said they expect AI to improve their business performance. However, only 30.6% of businesses currently use some form of AI for their sales. Other highlights of the survey on new trends in business-to-business sales and marketing include:

  • Artificial intelligence is currently used by 30.6% of companies and exceeds the stage of hype: 43.6% of respondents currently using AI in the sales process take advantage of it for scoring and prioritization, 33.1% for contacting and qualification and 31.3% for social selling. 44.1 percent plan to adopt the AI ​​for sales in 2019.
  • Sales will benefit from the most IA: Sales were the pioneers when asked which departments would benefit the most from artificial intelligence, chosen at 51.6%, followed by marketing with 44.4% and customer service with 25, 5%.
  • AI should generate better sales: According to 85.4%, AI will improve sales performance by 1 to 50% and, on average, respondents expect an increase of 33.8%. Nearly half of the responses dropped between 11 and 30%.
  • The IA will have the greatest impact on project management and forecasting: 51.1 percent said Pipeline management and forecasting would benefit primarily from AI, followed by 48.9% search for accounts and contacts, 43.2% prospecting, 27.5% administrative and general follow-up. 26.9%.
  • Knowledge is the main obstacle to the adoption of AI: Interviewees indicated that the main challenge in using artificial intelligence is that they do not understand it (25.7%), that they do not trust it (20.5%) and that technology is too expensive (19.4%).
  • AI will allow sales professionals not to replace them: Only 9% strongly believe that AI will replace sales representatives in the next five years, but 58.5% think that sales positions within their company will be significantly affected, followed closely by 58.4% who think that the sales operations will be the most affected.

About the 2018 survey on the state of IA for sales and marketing

The 2018 survey on the status of RNs for sales and marketing surveyed 633 people, asking various questions about their understanding, their use and expectations of artificial intelligence, particularly its application at work. Respondents are segmented by business number, title level, sector and size of firm (number of employees) in 2018. The typical (median) respondent was working for a business whose income was between $ 20 and $ 49.9 million in 2018 and between 11 and 50 employees. 24.8% of respondents reported a level of Front Line title, while the remaining 75.2% reported one or more managers (Manager, Director, VP or C-Level).

FREE eBook! Cold Calling Vs Digital Prospecting. 7 Prospecting methods for each prospecting situation. Download now

Full research is available at www.insidesales.com.

This article was originally published on: www.businesswire.com.