I loved this restaurant marketing idea from the Texas Downtown Association:
Collaborative marketing for local restaurants
In order to compete with the new restaurant chains, a group of Longview restaurateurs decided to band together to form a local marketing collective to encourage people to "chew on Longview". The marketing campaign encourages people to support local businesses that give the community its unique flavor.
Longview, Texas is a small town with more than 80,000 people, but I think small towns could adapt that idea.
You do not have to make a fantasy group website. This type of promotion is perfect for a social media campaign. A simple hashtag is enough to start. Even someone from the area could start taking photos and post positive comments online with a "local message" message.
Get more collaborative marketing ideas for service and retail businesses
In the recently released video of SaveYour.Town, Deb Brown and I share more collaborative and collaborative marketing ideas that any business can use to better reach local customers. It does not take a formal organization or a big funding. Everyone can put them into practice immediately. Learn more about cooperation creating more customers here.
About Becky McCray
Becky launched Small Biz Survival in 2006 to share stories and ideas of building businesses and rural communities with other small businessmen. She and her husband own an Alva, Oklahoma liquor store and a small ranch nearby. Becky is an international speaker on small business.
- Want more public participation in your events? Make sure your signs include this specific sentence – 18 February 2019
- Who asks questions to your customers? 11th February 2019
- How can restaurants sell in small towns – 4 February 2019
- SEO for voice search is different for small rural businesses – 28 January 2019
- What companies would work in a small town with empty land – 21 January 2019
- Two trends for small businesses in 2019 favorable to small towns 14th January 2019
- Small towns as testing ground for future technology 31st December 2018
- Empty construction ideas: Gallery of Art at the windows – December 24, 2018
- What's holding us back? Why does every project take so much time in small towns? – December 3, 2018
- Control your business holiday lights with smart tools for the home 19 November 2018