Do you make events that are open to the public, right? Here is the advice for more locals to be present.
When organizing an event open to the public, post a sign saying, "Open to everyone! Enter!"
Of course you know that it is open to the public and you have said it in all your promotions. But we, that is to say that the public did not pay attention. (Sorry)
And when we walk or walk past the current event, we can not tell by watching you welcome us. We all have the habit of thinking that we were not invited, that it was not for us, that we are not welcome. It's just human nature. You can remember moments when you felt the same, without knowing if you should go somewhere.
But if there is a giant banner specifically inviting the public, it's different. This is one of the obstacles to overcome to get us involved. Try it and tell us how it's going.
New on SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the guided tour. Love what you see? Receive our updates.
About Becky McCray
Becky launched Small Biz Survival in 2006 to share stories and ideas of building businesses and rural communities with other small businessmen. She and her husband own an Alva, Oklahoma liquor store and a small ranch nearby. Becky is an international speaker on small business.
- Want more public participation in your events? Make sure your signs include this specific sentence – 18 February 2019
- Know your customer: who asks them questions? 11th February 2019
- How can restaurants sell in small towns – 4 February 2019
- SEO for voice search is different for small rural businesses – 28 January 2019
- What companies would work in a small town with empty land – 21 January 2019
- Two trends for small businesses in 2019 favorable to small towns 14th January 2019
- Small towns as testing ground for future technology 31st December 2018
- Empty Construction Ideas: Gallery of Art at the Windows – December 24, 2018
- What's holding us back? Why does every project take so much time in small towns? – December 3, 2018
- Control your business holiday lights with smart tools for the home 19 November 2018