One of the best ways to become more productive is to get up early and take a step ahead of the day. The moment you wake up is a habit and, like all habits, it can be difficult to change. Here is how I went from 06:30 to 05:00 to 4:45.
- Get up. No matter what: No matter what time you fall asleep, no matter how bad you feel, get out of bed when the alarm goes off. Do not click on the repeat button and do not hesitate. You have decided to get up at 5 am, so respect your commitment.
- Drinking iced waterBefore you do anything else, drink a glass of ice water. This will help you feel better, even if you are tired. One of the main reasons why people walk tired, is because they are dehydrated. If you have been without water for seven or eight hours, you are dehydrated.
- Sleep 7 hoursDo not get up early to sleep less. In fact, you may want to sleep a little more. To wake up at five, you want to be asleep at 22 hours. Turn off all your screens and hour or two before going to bed. Maybe spend the last hour reading.
- Dark and cool room: You will sleep better in a very dark and cold room. Block as much light as possible and leave the room a little cooler than usual. You will sleep better and you will feel better when you get up.
- Give it three days: The first day, you will be tired. The second day, you will be even more tired. On the third day, you will be asleep at 21:30. Any lack of sleep will catch you, and soon, sleep will be inevitable. But you must manage for a few days.
- Stay clean on weekends: If you go to sleep on weekends, give yourself an extra hour. If you go to bed at 23:00, sleep until 6:00. But do not stay up until 2:00 am and do not sleep until 11:00 am. It is very difficult to get back into the habit when you make important changes.
- Late Home of TravelIf you arrive home with a late flight, get as close as possible to 7 hours of sleep, no matter what time you wake up. You will be tired later after your trip and your arrival late, so resume your usual schedule the next night.
- Time zone change: If you have to change timezone, I like Natural Stacks (not a sponsor) Magtech. It is a magnesium supplement, which has been shown to be very effective in eliminating the feeling of dizziness that you feel when you wake up in the morning. You may still have jet lag, but it helps in adjusting time zones.
Getting up early presents dozens of benefits, but that 's the content of another article.
Share this article with your network