Every small town has its own strengths, problems and opportunities, but many of us share common challenges. We have created the Rural Challenges Survey so you can share your own rural worldview and be better able to help you.
A total of 479 people responded to our previous surveys and we want your help to get an updated view. We ask questions about the challenges your community and your business are facing, and what works and what does not.
We use the results to create practical steps that will help you shape a better future for your city. Your answers are also shared with other people working with rural communities through articles and media reports.
Would not it be great if people who say they want to help rural people listen to their own challenges ?! That's why you should participate in this survey!
The survey is available in English, French and Spanish.
The survey is presented by Small Biz Survival and SaveYour.Town. Dave Shideler, Oklahoma State University, will help us analyze trends in all three surveys.
If you want to help spread the word, it would be great!
You can share this survey with your own members, subscribers, readers, subscribers or friends. You can post it in your newsletter, on social media, on your website or elsewhere if you think rural people will be able to help us.
The survey will end on July 30, 2019.
The results will be posted on our Survey of Rural Challenges page.
About Becky McCray
Becky launched Small Biz Survival in 2006 to share stories and ideas of building businesses and rural communities with other small businessmen. She and her husband own an Alva, Oklahoma liquor store and a small ranch nearby. Becky is an international speaker on small business.
- The chain link is everywhere in the city centers. Here's how to dress it up. – 30th June 2019
- Stop using "3 foot stool" to describe an idea – June 24, 2019
- What are your challenges? Add your voice here – 17 June 2019
- How to make your bike lanes known before they are completed – June 10, 2019
- How $ 5 and a bowl of soup can rebuild your community – 3 June 2019
- Bring people to mix at an event – May 27, 2019
- Crowdsourced Ideas for Cafes and Other Third Places – May 20, 2019
- Post signs with your tourist hashtag where visitors will see them. – May 13, 2019
- Book Review: Celebrity CEO of Ramon Ray – May 6, 2019
- How to develop an entrepreneurial culture and more small businesses in your city 29th April 2019