Posted on November 19, 2019 by steveblank
It's a bit bittersweet. We used to be able to install all Lean educators in my living room and have available space. Not anymore.
It turns out that we needed a bigger room for the Lean Educators Summit, which will be held from December 4th to 5th.
The good news is that if we refused you or you were on the waiting list, we moved to a bigger place.
It's been almost a decade since we started teaching lean methodology. This is a redesign of entrepreneurship training, start-up practices and innovation in business and government. But all this time, we have not gathered a lot of educators to talk about what it's like to teach lean or the impact it has had in their classrooms and beyond. We realized that with 10 years of lessons learned to explore, it would be a good time.
This class has launched the I-Corps program of the National Science Foundation (intended to turn the best academic research of our country into business), the I-Corps @ of the National Institute of Health, I-Corps @ du Ministry of Energy, I-Corps @ NSA, defense piracy and hacking diplomacy, hacking cities and hacking non-profit organizations. Piracy for the oceans is coming.
Educators sharing best practices
So, for the first time, Jerry Engel, Pete Newell and Steve Weinstein and I are bringing together all the educators from all these groups for a best practice sharing summit, December 4-5.
We will cover:
- The effectiveness of our programs [including I-Corps and Hacking for Defense]: What we have learned so far and how to improve it
- Customer Discovery and Lean Innovation in Academic and Non-Academic Contexts such as Incubators and Accelerators
- Tech Marketing: Innovators versus Entrepreneurs – Motivating Scientists and Engineers
- Lean Innovation in Business, Nonprofit Organizations and Governments – What's Different
- International: Success and Challenges of Lean Innovation and Customer Discovery in Europe and Asia [and South America? Australia?]
- What future for Lean and Entrepreneurial Education?
- and much more…
The agenda is below.
We'll see each other there!
Classified in: Education |